+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ariels for sale

Sorry - I had the Hull # wrong. I said "141" - but that is my Columbia 29. I always remember it easily because my Pearson Triton's number was 140.

The Pearson Ariel we have been discussing is actually Hull # 209. Blue Moon

If you do get the chance to get pictures, I'd love to see them.

I am leaving the area soon so I doubt I will be able to get them for you. Just salvaging the boat for gear would be a great thing for anyone with a minimally equipped Ariel. Solar panels, refrigeration, automatic halon fire suppression, tiller pilots, and a thousand other 'nice to have' things. <g>

Quote Originally Posted by Crazer View Post
    If you do get the chance to get pictures, I'd love to see them.

Last db entry for A-209 said it was for sale in 2014! No information on owner or location in MD. Listed state registration number (MD418ZH) may be incorrect.

It all blurs together for me and I generally take no notes. <g>.

Known History: Three owners ago the guy's first name was Tom. Last name may have been Neil. He was a teacher of some sort (I think) somewhere near Baltimore. I have spoken to him via telephone (or maybe by email - I can't remember) but never met him otherwise. The next owner was Fred Kurtz - he's a stock broker in PA and a hell of a nice guy. He subsequently abandoned the boat for yard fees at Winters Sailing Center in NJ after he bought a much larger French boat. I later bought the boat from Winters. I fixed a number of things: water lift, water injection, and other exhaust installed wrong, bad water pump, and so forth - minor really.

Later the powers-to-be at Hances Point and I butted heads while I was unable to come back to that area. By mail they banished me from the Club grounds and stated that they were impounding the boat. I was unable to do anything at that time and so accepted the fate. I really missed the boat - but what can you do?

Recently they said were having trouble disposing of the boat and wanted the title. I asked about all their prior demands and was told that they were willing to waive them if I removed the boat or presented them with the title.

The word "dispose" made me wistfully sad to hear - which is why I reached out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Last db entry for A-209 said it was for sale in 2014! No information on owner or location in MD. Listed state registration number (MD418ZH) may be incorrect.

There is actually another weirdness about the boat (209).

That MD number you listed would have been Tom's - with him being from Baltimore. And I have paperwork confirming it. After that the registration number would be PA as Fred lives in PA. I may have paperwork to support that.

I registered the boat in Delaware. At nearly the same time my son was buying a sailboat - so he handled both registration processes. But he then put My DL registration number on his boat in NJ - and put His NJ registration numbers onto my boat: 209. <g>

That error never came to light until this spring when he sold his boat and the buyer noted that the installed DL registration numbers did not agree with his boat's title. It took a good while of us pondering before realizing what must have happened. I never noticed it either and can't confirm it now - but I believe that 209 is sporting the incorrect NJ registration numbers.

Not that it matters much - it's just one more thing. <g>

+ Reply to Thread