+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ariels for sale

Ariels for sale

I've created this thread as a repository for Ariels for sale. I'm posting this because I've contacted a number of people sell Ariels for information and I think it makes sense to share this information with others who are also in the market. If any one wants to add a Ariel I've missed please do so.

First, there's one in Morro Bay California, which has been listed for sale on this forum: http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...A-239-for-sale.

Secondaly, there is one in Eastern New York State listed for $3000, No further information : http://syracuse.craigslist.org/bod/4206674385.html

There's also one in Gilford Connecticut for $1000 that I assume is a fixer upper. That's been listed on craigslist with little information and no contact information. If any one knows who this, they might want to include a contact email, kinda goes without saying.

There's also a nice Ariel in Hawaii for $7500. Seems kinda high but it's in good condition. Does the price go up for Ariels over seas? http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/boa/4236637910.html

Lastly, there's one in Washington, North Carolina for $2200 ; http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1963...s#.Ur3eS7VDsyY . There is a forum member here who's posted information about that boat. I've emailed him and he's given me the following info.

The hull is sound. The deck core appears to be in pretty good shape
    with exception of a couple of soft spots on the starboard and port
    decking beside the cabin (you can see from inside the cabin where an
    attempt at repair has been made. The standing rigging and mast and
    boom look good the last time I saw it.

My main two concerns would be 1.) the bearing and seal for the rudder
    and 2.) the seacocks are frozen (halfway open I think) and this was
    what I was going to attempt first.

I have the Ariel for sale in guilford. It is number 263. I took it out of the water three years ago to work and just can't get the work done. I have done work on it it needs a interior and to go sailing seacocks. With another child coming getting it in the water just doesn't look possible.
    Last edited by Bill; 12-27-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Tsprat, I'm interested in your Ariel. Can you give me a run down of the boats problem areas? We can do this in private if you'd like but I'll ask here to start. Does it have all the mast rigging, holding & or sewage tank? Is the head functional? Are there any related work to be done with the missing seacocks or do they just need to be installed. What's the situation with the rudder? I was under the impression, possibly falsely, that Ariels have fiberglass rudders. From the images HERE; it looks as if that rudder need to be replaced. If so how are the hinges holding up?

Thank you for your time.
    -Elliot

FYI Elliot,

A-C's have mahogany rudders. They "shrink" if left on the hard for extended periods. Once back in the water, the rudder expands to its design dimensions.

Unless added, no holding tanks. Seacocks were used for the marine head, but not the sink and cockpit drains -- again, unless added later.

Thanks Bill. Walking up to one and kicking the tires doesn't make me a expert. I can see I have much to learn about the Ariel. Can I ask, without a holding tank, where does water accumulate?

Quote Originally Posted by elliotr View Post
    where does water accumulate?
    If you're speaking of waste, many have converted to a self contained head. The small one sold by West Marine fits nicely under the forward bunk where the marine head was located. You might want to do a board search on holding tanks as there are several posts/threads on the subject. Use the Google search method described in the sticky thread at the start of this forum. You also might want to look at some of the restoration threads in the Gallery forum to get an idea of what these boats are all about. Here is one done by professionals:

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...ight=Ariel+100

Yes, that Ariel looks like it will be a good deal. Needs some work but is almost sailable. If I were more mobile right now, I'd bid on it. Thanks for posting.

Ariel #417 is for sale. New tohatsu outboard, halliards, lots of many upgrades. $6000
    You can find it on Annapolis Craigslist or you can contact me directly. 740-296-9545
    Thanks.
    Dulce et Decorum Est

Ariel #393 sea biscuit is for sale boat needs work on motor dry boat many extras dodger, self tailling winchs,
    Gps, auto tiller boat in good shape just needs a little work change in job and busy life do not give me the time
    Boat is in oyster bay ny winter storage and launch paid for fix her up and be sailling by spring call mc at
    631-793-4352 or email me at trobertg57@yahoo.com $ 2, 200

There is an Ariel for sale in Maryland: Hances Point Yacht Club. Hull number 141. Inboard engine, on-board Halon fire suppression, refrigeration, stack-pack main, roller furling jib, etc. etc. etc. etc. Includes 4-5 nice jack stands. A few hundred would buy it.

Is there a link to photos?

No; my clever IT guy 'fixed' my computer by deleting anything which was not important to Him. I just searched the internet (as best I could) for any previous pics but did not find any. The boat was astonishingly well equipped but I haven't even seen it for two or three years. I would rather see it taken over than crushed - which is why I mentioned it here.

QUOTE=Bill;28546]Is there a link to photos?[/QUOTE]

Does your boat have an Atomic 4 or has she been upgraded to a diesel? I may have someone who's interested once the lockdown has ended.

Atomic IV - but full of Moyer Marine parts. A lot (or maybe all - I do remember that it all cost a Stack of money <g>) of Bill Moyer's upgrades are already in place. The last thing I recall was that re-worked water pump he sells. There are deck wash-down pumps fore and aft - the boat was well over-equipped. <g>.

There are also a lot of 'spares'. For example; all the lifeline stanchions have been replaced but the originals are still here. New fixed port light glass. All kinds of things. I would have taken pictures yesterday but it was hailing heavily in pouring rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazer View Post
    Does your boat have an Atomic 4 or has she been upgraded to a diesel? I may have someone who's interested once the lockdown has ended.

+ Reply to Thread