So my windows leak and I want to replace them with bronzed plexiglass. My frames appear to be in really good shape so I plan on just replacing the glass itself. I think the bronzed glass will look really sharp not to mention cut down on a little heat and add some daytime privacy.

So I thought if I had a template on paper of the two windows I can have the plexiglass cut before I install them, or I could take a window out and trace it onto paper or cardboard. Am I going about this the wrong way? What is easiest?

Also I don't have a band saw so I will be probably be shipping them back home to someone I know that is willing to cut them out or I could find someone local.

It seems as though all of the hardware on the windows was removed and the glass was siliconed around 10 years ago. So I am hoping this will be really easy to do after I get the new glass pre-cut. I was planning on using butyl tape on the new install, any thoughts on this?

And on top of it all I am still seeking reasonable replacements for my forward windows.

Thanks,
Dan