+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

A quick Google of Ebb's namesake yields this: Larus Minutus

No wonder bird names are so popular with sailboats. Beautiful.
    Attached Images  
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Hey mon...... N I C E!

Has to be an Alberg design.

Little Gull?? Maybe I should name mine "Damn Pidgeon" for the bird in the paint booth during primer, to say he was high is an understament, but he's gone now, yesterday before topcoat he was flightless in the booth, I ensured he didnt screw up topcat as he/she did the primer.

Sorry for the hijack
    #97 "Absum!"

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Well done ebb, a fitting name for a fine boat. Saved from extinction

Have to get over to Danmark one of these days

http://www.valdemarslot.dk/index.php?page=55

Hey BonnieJean! whot hijack?

C'pete,
    Verry Danish, advertising your big slot with postagestamp sized views. Oh so genteel and modest. On the site's menubar, I see there are no Activities listed, and there is also no News. What's not happnin, dude. In the Cafe' you can buy a Pretzel - or a Hotdog or some Pizza - WOW. Wonder who the tourists are? Danes? Japanese? Croatians?

Guess my dought and me saw the "big game" mausoleum befor they spiffed it up. Being a kingdom the size of Maryland would make the proportionate banging of Little Gull a rilly appropriate event there. Guess the little seagull got nabbed in an early tourist trap.

I won't go to Danmark again unless I am with somebody very Danish (I'm only danish in name, I'm a redneck from Long Island), who could show me around. Might go to Norway. But if I was going anywhere scandanavian, I'd visit the Faroes, Iceland and Greenland. Check out Faroese puffin fricassee - and their pilotwhale pudding. Definitely get over to Greenland befor it melts away.

But, Pete, you have an eye for the ridiculous, a better eye for the funny and absurd than anybody I've seen. You'd have a field day in scandanavia. Hope I get invited to the slide show after your trip.
    Last edited by ebb; 05-31-2007 at 10:30 AM.

Speaking of boat names...

As of 10 May, 2007, Ariel 205 became FORMERLY known as Sirocco. She is now S/V Elii Henry, hailing port, Kailua, HI. Her new name went on on Memorial Day and her US registration number will be on in a couple of days.

Congrats

Well, A W L R I G H T !
    Elii - with two 'i's ?
    Who be Elii Henry, joe?

Where you putting her name.... stern or bow?

Where you going to "permanently affix" your 3" letters and numbers?

PIX!!!!! on the Gallery pages!
    Last edited by ebb; 05-31-2007 at 06:53 AM.

Elii Henry

Well Ebb, Elii be a contraction of my parents' initials, Henry is what I call my dog, whose proper full name is King Henry of Orange. The lettering she has on her outside now is temporary vinyl white block stick on letters and is on each side at the aft end. After she is painted in her new color which will happen when time and money permit, the letters will be in a much nicer font, and will be emerald green and will be in the same place. She is in the middle of a major remodel right now which is progressing very slowly because she is staying in the water ( I sail alot) until the moment that I can do no more without hauling her. After she is hauled, she will get bulwarks, new stanchions and lifelines, paintjob, and new standing rigging and will have her outboard well built into the lazarette as she is being converted from inboard to outboard. I want the space inside for water tanks and storage.

Talking

Pictures are required!

Indeed! How dare you post such a "wordy" reply about restoration and such w/out pictures! I think the forum administrator should give you a formal reprimand! ...and not even a picture of your four footed namesake to boot. Shame shame...
    Mike

pics??

Well, Ebb and MBD, would one of you fine sailors like to come fish my camera out of the lake? I'll supply the beer but you're on your own for air. The camera should be quite fine as it is in a very strong Ziploc brand freezer bag. The problem is that the water is about 85 feet at that particular spot in the lake. But I will continue to work on pics and camera retrieval.

Doh! Perhaps next time you should add some positive flotation to your waterproof bag. Sorry about the camera!
    Mike

camera

Actually, I'm going to put the neckstrap on it as soon as I retrieve it.

Question Ebb myster ???????????????????????

Now Ebb....I've been looking to see if any new pics are posted of your good ship.....none ! We need updates and pics Ebb....updates and pics !!!!!!!

"Live" is better

I got a chance last week to see Little Gull in person.

and I must say words can not do her justice, the best I can do is..

Absolutely stunning!

Thanks Ebb

Last edited by Tim D.; 06-05-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    1965 Ariel #331

'MARIAH'

+ Reply to Thread