Thread: outboard well plug....

Threaded View

problems with finding stuff

I challenge anybody to go into the SEARCH function
    and come up with an answer to 'outboard well plug' - 'OB motor plug' - 'OB well cover'

The search function reduces your prompt to something shorter that makes no sense.
    When you get the threads there are 60 or a 100 of them - with no clue where your goose is.
    Like a page number or a post number......

We have a chinese search engine for a boat website. (No tickee, no shirtee)

Example: typed in
    >outboard well plug<
    into the Search request window.
    Search verified with
    >outboard, plug< [note the introduction of the puntuation mark - which makes the search phrase meaningless.]
    and 36 site threads came up. I randomly select: Ariel 387 - "Arthur".
    Scrolled through 40 posts to page 3 where finally saw the meaningless phrase accented in yellow, post 43.
    This is a picture supported thread - our 'clues of probability' were in one or two photos along the way....

There happens to be on this thread a good example of the factory well hole flange, post 38
    But NO example of the plug or cover or fairing plate or whatever it's called.

No satisfaction.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................
    If I type into the Search window >OB well<, it'll come back >OB, well< ....as if 'well' is considered an adverb - rather than a noun.
    Like: OutBoard, well....... well, are you really sure you want to look up outboard?
    Outboard, of what? Do you mean overboard? Onboard?

"The word is too common, or too long, or too short to be included in your search."
    THAT is an actual quote telling me, the victim inquirer, why the search wasn't accomplished. Really.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................
    [VBulletin is a product of Jelsoft Enterprises, a subsudiary of Internet Brands, located in ElSegundo CA......
    since they are right down the street, maybe we could ask them to reset their product >soft, ware< with a nautical dictionary?]
    Last edited by ebb; 02-24-2013 at 11:03 AM.