hello all,

I'm new here and just posted a few exterior pics of my "new" Ariel. (#242 1964). I'm hoping to find a little info and history on the boat. I'm also hoping for you all to set me straight......
I am restoring a bristol 27. I've been on the quest for a suitable smaller alberg design for quite a few years, and this year I almost had my hands on a beautiful alberg30. I waited just days too long and lost it. I immediately found the bristol, and though I never really considered the 27 (for stupid reasons really, I just hate the deck layout and appearance) before, I purchased it. Is a terrific boat, just ugly, and fits my needs perfectly. So, as I'm upgrading/restoring I find this Ariel and jumped on it as a parts boat, as the price was insane. Turns out the Ariel is just in too good condition, and I'm really having a slight affair with it. While the bristol definitely gets my vote for interior layout and comfort, there is simply something about the ariel that I prefer.....basically, decks down they are the same boat. performance is the same, and the ariel takes it for roomy cockpit. Anyway, I only need one boat so one of them has to go. I am currently waiting for spring to haul the bristol and paint/bottom job. I've been working on the ariel and before I go too far on both/either I wanted to find some info and hear from some owners. Any insight? What would you do?

BTW....the ariel is an inboard model, but also has the outboard well structure in the lazerette, just not cut out. It has a westerbeke diesel that I wanted, as I have the exact engine in the bristol. the sails are in great condition, it has all brand new interior cushions, working head, interior complete and in good original condition.Someone took care of this boat.