+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stewardship of Hull A-107

Stewardship of Hull A-107

Hello guys,

New Member and new post here. I tried this posting once before, when I clicked on Submit New Thread, I was asked to log in again so I don't know if the original post went through or not.

Here's a brief run down on me: Been around fiberglass power boats all my life, father insisted we took Power Squadron course while we were teens but my dad covered most of that curriculum before we ever cracked a book, only two of his four sons developed a love for boats. Always wanted a sailboat but life kept getting in the way, now I got one and cleaning is chore one.

Here's a brief run down on the boat: Built in 1963, She was one time registered with the site as being in Kentucky and her name at that time was "Hunky Dory" or so I'm told.

Exterior pictures attached.
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by GreggA107; 06-08-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Addendum

Also want to add that she's located at McCotters Marina in Washington, NC which is about approximately 120 miles from my work in Raleigh. Attached is a few interior shots (where she needs the most work).
    Name:  IMG00020-20110318-1555.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  33.3 KBName:  IMG00019-20110318-1555.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  34.6 KBName:  IMG00018-20110318-1554.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  40.7 KBName:  IMG00017-20110318-1554.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  41.5 KB
    Last edited by GreggA107; 06-08-2011 at 09:50 AM.

One picture I forgot to post! Had a closeup of the number plate, can't find it.
    Name:  Looking aft.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  44.5 KB

Gregg

Welcome aboard the forum. Looks like your Ariel is pretty typical for many of the boats that are not getting regular use. She will be happy to have someone use her and care for her again. Keep us posted on your progress and voyages with her.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

thanx

not knowing a whole lot about sailboats, I want to make sure the thru hull fittings are sealed and some cosmetic work performed, rigging and spars in good order but my main goal is get her soaking in the water and out of her berth. Boats weren't made to stay on land.

it seems so many others want their vessel in pristine condition before putting good use to the vessel, I'll worry about that when it's flat calm or too ugly to go out.

I want to learn.

That's the spirit! Fix the safety things, then get out and sail. Welcome aboard!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Look at what I found

I thought there was only one of these on each Ariel but apparently there is two because I found two Pearson Ariel logos in the cubby. they appear to both be broken at one of the mounting screw holes but I will mount them if able.

I know one goes below the hatchway in the cabin but I'm not sure about the second one.

Name:  Port Side Cubby Hole.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  33.2 KB

Hunky Dory

Welcome , Here's the picture of Hunky Dory I saved. It may still be here somewhere I think the Pearson Ariel scripts were originally located on the coamings ,one on each side towards the front.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by carl291; 06-10-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Cool WOW that's IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

If Hull # 107 was actually named Hunky Dory as detailed in the records, she sported a different color scheme and was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

It sure is, I believe this picture was taken on the Ohio river! You can actually read "Hunky Dory" on the stern.

Hey Guys, gotta make a correction
    Hunky Dory was/is Hull # 7 NOT my Hull # 107. I found a way into the pearsonariel.org archive and found the following post.
    http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...l-7-Hunky-Dory
    Either the link above has a typo or it's #7 not # 107.
    "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom." Captain Jack Sparrow

The ACYA registry has A-007 HUNKY DORY registered in KY to a Pat Corrico. Only reference to A-107 are your postings (still awaiting registration information). We may have given you miss information on names (never!).

It's all good, last time I checked, we're all humans and make mistakes, God knows I have made my share and several others shares today too!!!!!!
    "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom." Captain Jack Sparrow

Marine Head

Can any of you guys that's been around the scene for a long time look at the pics I took of my marine toilet and tell me a brand name and model of it? Wish I had taken a pic of the whole thing but all i got is the valving and piping in the back.

Name:  IMG00096-20110704-1648.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  29.7 KBName:  IMG00099-20110704-1648.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  36.0 KB

Think you have a Raritan PHC marine head on your nice looking boat. I have the same throne on my Ariel.

http://www.raritaneng.com/products/t...anual/phc.html

+ Reply to Thread