Thread: Commander #38

Threaded View

Cool Commander #38

Hello Everyone - I am officially the proud new owner of Commander #38! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my boat. I do not know too much about her history, as I am atleast the 3rd owner, she has been well cared for, but is certainly showing signs of her age (as most boats of this era do, a few soft spots, etc...). This spring I had purchased a 1968 Bristol Corinthian that needed some work and after about 2 months of weekend work one her (rebuilt interior, new bottom paint, general cleanup) I have been sailing her almost everyday with my girlfriend, and it has been great. However, I have come to the conclusion that she is a bit small for my purposes and needed to upgrade. When I saw an add for this boat - http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/18734 - I jumped on it.

I will be sailing her from Orient, Long Island to New Suffolk, Long Island on Saturday.

Here she is:
    Name:  c38.jpg
Views: 2977
Size:  199.0 KB

I am greatly looking forward to reading and participating in this group. Just browsing through the forum it is amazing to see the amount of knowledge and commitment many of you have. I hope I can bring the same to our new boat and get her in better condition then i found her!
    Last edited by C38; 12-04-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: typos