The Yamaha also has a rectifier generator. If Nissan is like the Yamaha, make sure to disconnect it inside if you are using it without a battery - or you will burn up the rectifier. There should be a couple quick disconnects inside the motor leading to the generator once it is installed.

The rectifier for the Yamaha was also a dealer installed option. Most dealers either are incompetent or don't care. Look until you find one that knows what an outboard looks like. If they ask you if what they are pointing to is an outboard, it is probably a good sign to move on.

As for the prop, I experienced the same thing. Buy what is offered and the new prop will cost more was the sales pitch. However, sales are not booming right now, and you should be able to work a deal (as I did). Try going outside the immediate Bay Area. (I got my deal going two hours out) = They threw in the special prop, and a gas can (not the standard one).

What I didn't know when I bought the Yamaha is there is a separate catalog for extra accessories. You might ask for that, if you don't already have one, and if they have such an animal.

Good luck. What a delight it must be for those dealers to make money selling a product you don't know the first thing about - that is how I size up the Yamaha selling dealers as a group.