Mike,

I played the zip code game on the http://www.nissanmarine.com/search/index.html website. I found a geographically proximate dealer. I am also working with an on-line vendor who specializes only on Nissan motors, but as I was attempting to relate in my earlier post, neither vendor seems to be aware of the vertical pull-start feature. The on-line vendor will not ship a Nissan 6 hp four-stroke motor with a 7" pitch prop. They tell me that they must ship me the 8" pitch prop and then bill me for an additional 7" prop at $59. The geographically proximate dealer has not yet told me that they can provide me with a motor with an alternator, rectifier, or whatever, nor whether they can provide me with an engine with a 7" pitch prop.

Furthermore, since they do not have a Nissan 6 hp four-stroke motor in stock, the geographically proximate dealer will bill me for shipping costs. They do have other Nissan's in stock, but not the 6 hp long shaft.

So I figured that perhaps someone in the S.F. Bay area might have specific experience with an alternative vendor from whom they might have purchased a similar engine. Otherwise, I will probably select geographically proximate dealer.