I carry several square 5 gal. buckets(kitty litter) , set the motor in the bucket and flush .

The horizontal pull start worked , but was awkward to get to , the vertical pull is a piece of cake .
It is an elbow attachment on the front of the engine and is not a quick change , I'd guess 5 minutes and tools .
I like this start device because I can just reach back and give it a yank while still seeing all around me .I found the tiller in the way at times when using the horizontal pull through the little hatch at the back of the cockpit .

Another nice feature , is you can turn the motor through close to 180 degrees which is a real help as these boats dont back worth a hoot .In fact I tie the rudder off amidships when backing and just steer with the motor .
If you are wondering why these and several other designs dont back well ; It is the keel , a keel that has little drag ( the draft is nearly as deep at the front or the back of the keel ) resists turning when going astern , the benefit is shallow draft.
If the keel follow the angle of the stem all the way to the heel of the rudder she would have more draft and back beautifully .
The other benefit of our keel is when you haul out, you can set her on the ground and the water line is near horizontal still .

I like the Honda and the Yamaha , but they failed too many of my check list , namely weight , fit the boat and price to a small degree .

I found the Nissan, (Mercury, Tohatsu)to be the best solution for my needs .
If I were to get a 2 stroke , I was going with the 8hp.