+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: I'm the new caretaker of Ariel-109

Niiiiice! And some great pics! Another money shot of Noesis sailing towards the Staue of Liberty. Did he take the the bird's eye view from a neighbor's mast?
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Yes, the photographer Ben Zucker climbed my friend Hans' Coronado 41's mast to take that shot.

BEAUTIFUL! And Inspiring, too... Makes me even more impatient to feel the press of sail heel Katie over on her ends and take off down the Bay...
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

Sailing with the Simrad TP-10 auto-tiller, second hand, taken from the wooden Rhodes 24, payment for looking after her, ha! Nice to be able to leave the tiller and adjust leach lines and jib-track cars while sailing by myself. A bit of a toy, with limitations, but worth having I believe.

Thumbs up awesome

Ben, do you have to program your course with that or does it have a wind transducer?
    Commander 5

The TP-10 is a very simple auto-tiller, the most basic of Simrad's line. There's no wind transducer. You just steer your course, press a button and the the auto-tiller will try and keep a heading in the current direction. Shifty winds, wakes and waves can play havoc with the auto-tiller's function. The TP-10 works best in moderate weather condition where the chance of getting the rudder over-powered is minimal. Sailing in the right conditions it's pretty nice to have aboard, frustrating in very light and heavy winds.

I regret to inform the forum that I have sold Ariel 109. I will be sending the new owner's information to Bill soon. Hopefully he will continue Ariel 109's thread on this forum. I will truly miss reading and writing posts here. I learned so much about sailing from the good information and advice posted here, thanks to all!

Ben

Thumbs up Oh No!

Ben hope everything is well with you . hate to see your skills leave this forum and can't believe you sold Noesis. Are you getting a new boat? Thanks for helping me though, I think about your help every time I look at that plate I'm truly greatful. Would you be willing to make me one of those purple heart tillers. And if so how much?
    Commander 5

So sudden

So Sorry, Ben!
    Hope things are OK. Take care.
    It's been grand.
    Wonderful to follow along with you and 109

Look forward to hearing back from the new owner, Fairwinds friend!

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Thanks, you guys. Everything's OK, I just have too much on my plate with the S-Boat project, racing on sailboats and paying bills to keep giving the Ariel the attention it deserves. I'm sure I'll regret selling it in the future, it is the prefect sailboat!

Oh man, this stinks. You'll be missed!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Hi everyone! Thought I'd share this blog posting by an artist named Marie Lorenz in which the subject is Ariel 109 Noesis, her new skipper Rich and his girlfriend Pali. Hopefully Rich will start posting on this thread soon!

http://www.tideandcurrenttaxi.org/?cat=32

Ben

+ Reply to Thread