Here is a question for all of you captians that have really loaded up yer boat a gone sailing.

I have been trying to balance all of the permanent fixtures we've been tabbing into 113 with the rationale that onboard stores can be moved around from locker to locker to help keep her on her lines. I'm planning on installing a water tank and another locker right about where an A-4 would have been installed. This proposed tank will be roughly 20 to 25 gallons, so let's say 200+ pounds. An atomic four with fuel tank has to be 400+ pounds wet. So far it appears to be a net plus. Except-I know a 4 stroker in the well and a couple of portable gas cans is 110+ pounds out on the end of a lever instead of tucked up tight behind the bulk of the ballast. Chuck a pair of 60-watt solar panels and a wind vane way back there and, well, what can I expect?

I will have a 20-30 gallon water tank up in the v-berth area(yes, I am planning on replacing the monster Cape Dory tank I added just two years ago) and a 15-20 gallon holding tank. That comprises the liquid ballast minus rum, tequila, beer and a little wine. A manson supreme, a claw and associated hardware chain and rope are additional static ballast forward of the mast.

Also intend to add a couple of 2" scuppers to the cockpit draining aft and discharging alongside the outboard collar. I always fear having just as much incidental water coming in as going out. So, a grated cockpit floor will help keep feet above any water that finds its way back up the scupper 'pipes'-hopefully.

Yes, this is an ambiguous question but nowhere else is there a better place to post such a question than here. Can this work? Am I crazy? Have you ever woke up in a phone booth with your underwear in your pocket? STRIKE THAT!!!