+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel 322 (at last)

Hybrid View

Thumbs up

Fox,

Congrats on your new boat! I can personally attest that she is the perfect Bahamas boat! My wife and I cruised aboard 'Faith' (Ariel #226) for 8 months. They are just about perfect as long as you do not subscribe to 'Sail' magazine and think you need a built in breadmaker, and a walk in closet.

One of the best things about these boats is the devoted group of owners (cult-like as they are) that is the Ariel Owners Association. I really recommend you join, and get a manual. There is a TON of knowledge here, and the initiation is really not that bad...

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

If there's no deck rot around the fittings now you might consider leaving them alone. Unless there is an obvious problem they are not likely to go soon. Go sailing.

That's some more good advice. Unless you have leaks or immediate repairs are needed, start getting her ready to sail. Because once you start "one little project", it has a tendency to lead to another, then another , then another...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Congratulations and enjoy the sailing time, for it is upon us now! You of course have one up one those of us that have already decided and are in the middle of taking care of business, and all the "one thing leads to another syndrome", (thanks Mike, you hit the nail on the head with the statement!).
    Get her wet, let yourself get wet behind the ears, enlist those folks around you for moral support and guidance, and enjoy the water now.
    Sheet in for me too.
    Respectfully,
    Chance Smith
    (Formerly) Sea Sprite 23 #760 (Heritage)
    (Formerly) Commander #256 (Ceili)

Just an update on my Ariel, she is still in cape cod, they are charging me less to ship her if I wait till they have a pickup in Maine. She will hopefully be dropped off in her new home in NH next week. I will take lots of pictures, and start a gallery thread on her when I get her up here. I have a bit of work to do to her before her splash, but I am going to take every ones advise and not get caried away. I really cannot wait till I have her in the water

Just an update on 322, she is in NH now 2 months of waiting for her to be trucked up here have finally payed off, now the fun begins
    more picks and info can be found at her gallery page http://pearsonariel.org/discussion/s...ead.php?t=1987

+ Reply to Thread