+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel 322 (at last)

Hybrid View

well I talked to the marina, and they are launching her june 3rd. I guess that is good seeing how I still dont have an engine, and they are ripping me off royally to launch her and put up the mast. At least I have a couple weeks to save up. I finished the glass work that I started the other day, and gave it several coats of paint, which Im sure will be growing critters in no time, seeing how I cant afford anti-foul paint and still get all the stuff I need to launch her. Oh well, at least its not a big spot. I cant beleave no one seems to mix there own paint, I searched all over the net and turned up pretty much nothing. Its pretty much just a durable paint with copper added, it cant be that hard to make. Oh well, that can be a project for next year. I took apart the seacock that dumps the wast tank overboard and greased it and put it back together, and it actually works now, and started sanding the woodwork in the cockpit, its actually looks decent, instead of putting clear coat over it, im going to use an oil made for teak and mahogany, I figure when it starts looking bad again, Ill just give it more coats, better than sanding for hours on end. Anyhow Ill post pictures soon.

Well I have come to the conclusion that the 2 batteries I have are dead Tried charging them several times with a charger that has a built in desufate thingy majiggy, and well, no luck. I read that you can empty the acid out, fill them with distilled water and charge them at a low current for some insane amount of time, then drain out the distilled and put in new acid, but that sounds like way to much work.... Anyhow here are some pics for you all. The first is the finished product of my fiberglass work I did to cover the old prop shaft hole.

+ Reply to Thread