+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel 322 (at last)

Hybrid View

Not really sure why the lights are mounted the way they are, I think whoever had her in the past did a bit of mod work to her, sadly at the expense of the sink and stove, and he must have liked the look of the lights upright. Overall though I think I got a decent boat, the price was right anyhow $1600 if you count the $600 to ship it from cape cod

Very nice find, congratulations. Are you working at home on this or a yard?
    The interior mods look nice.
    Do a search here for Ariel parts posted by Ted Mahavier on this site he has a supply of engine Atomic 4 parts he was looking to get rid of. I have his Email address somewhere if you need to contact him.
    Good Luck Carl

just found Em address: ted.mahavier (at) gmail.com
    Last edited by carl291; 04-30-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: update

she is sitting in a boat yard atm, the plan is to do the minimum necessary to get her in the water, and then well learn to sail, this is my first sailboat, so I want to make sure this is something I want to do, before I get to carried away. Pretty much I am going to fix the deck, throw a 6hp nissan or tahatsu on the back, and get to sailing. Im sure I will be working on 1001 little projects all summer long though. As for the atomic 4, Im really not sure what Im going to do with it. I definantly have the skill to rebuild it, but Im not really sure its worth the effort. I dont have a garage any more, so it would be a problem finding some were to work on it. I may just yank it out and use the outboard or repower her with a diesle in the future.

Love the chart table and steps! Congrats! Nice to have another Ariel in the neighborhood.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Sweet! I like your approach too. Given your location and plans you are on the right track. Get her to float and then go sail. She looks pretty dang good inside for having some holes!

yeh... she should, I spent like 5 hours with scotch bright, rags, scrapers, and pine sole lol.... but all things being fair, I think the deck hasnt been leaking that long, Im pretty sure that some one took a hard fall against the life lines a year or so ago, and got the problem started.

+ Reply to Thread