Thread: Ariel 322 (at last)

Threaded View

I very well may be the guinea pig for this one, the idea of a kabota tractor engine sounds pretty appealing. Any how, the old A4 is now sitting on a plastic crate in the middle of the floor. My God those engines are heavy! I could hardly lift it the 2 foot off the floor to get it up on the crate. Now I just need to some how get it out of the boat. Who ever built that chart table in my boat has my gratitude, It lifts up and the right side of the stair supports lifts out as well, so pretty much it gives you access to the whole space between the bunks, it made it very easy to get the engine out of there, well except the having to crawl through the cockpit locker to get to the prop shaft. Anyhow, would it be ok to leave the prop shaft as it is? Im a bit concerned that with out the support of the transmission it may slide and cause a leak. Anyhow, I forgot my camera, but I will bring it tomorrow and take lots of pics. When I was climbing around back behind the engine, I noticed that some one glassed the hull to deck seam. looks like they did a good job too.
    Last edited by Fox; 05-07-2009 at 07:11 PM.