+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 147

Hybrid View

Looking good, Jerry! I can't wait to see Destiny splashed. What are your plans for the outboard well?
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Quote Originally Posted by mbd View Post
    Looking good, Jerry! I can't wait to see Destiny splashed. What are your plans for the outboard well?

Mike I thought long and hard about the outboard well. In the end I decided it was better to not limit options. So I decided to keep the outboard well available as an outboard well and I installed the plug and put a bead of 5200 around the perimeter of it. If I decide sometime down the road to do some long distance cruising and I'm worried about not having electricity to recharge the batteries I can bring along the Tahatsu 5HP motor I have. In my mind options are good and limiting them not so much.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

A little more progress..........

I had previously installed the genoa track and the jib track only with a few bolts because I did not have the right stuff. I received the fasteners from my vendor (Bolt Depot) during the week so I did the final installation of those tracks this weekend.

Along with that I installed the rub rail on the starboard side. I have scaffold set up on the starboard side so everything I have done for the last 3 weeks has been only on that side. I have one more port lite to install and then it will be time to move the scaffold to the other side and start all the same jobs all over again.

latest pics.............
    Attached Images      
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147

Love the end caps on the rub rail. Have the Eagle moulding "in stock" in my garage, but couldn't wrap my head around how to terminate it cleanly. Ended up installing the rub rail without the moulding. At your convenience, could you ID your source/part? That nice white dress will stay cool in the FL sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
    Love the end caps on the rub rail. Have the Eagle moulding "in stock" in my garage, but couldn't wrap my head around how to terminate it cleanly. Ended up installing the rub rail without the moulding. At your convenience, could you ID your source/part? That nice white dress will stay cool in the FL sunshine.
    Kyle

Here is the link to West (worst) Marine where you can get them.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/taco--...-cap--10724862
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147

Well, it has been a while since my last update.

So I'm getting a lot closer to actually splashing Destiny and I get really frustrated some times because I can't just work on her non-stop because I have to work for a living also, dang it......

Anyway here are a few current pics.

BTW, the wire you can see laying on the side deck is part of the mast raising system I will be using. I will document that here once I start using it.

The mast is also ready to go back on the boat. I'll follow this post with a couple mast pictures.
    Attached Images        
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147

As promised, some mast pictures

An overview, and the top and bottom of the mast.
    Attached Images      
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147

+ Reply to Thread