Thread: Commander 147

Threaded View

wow. regarding rigging prices, i would seriously consider Garhauer marine hardware. Im not trying be an internet ass, I am sure you have seen their stuff before however, I was at the Oakland boat show a couple years back when I was ogling other hardware and ran into the Garhauer booth and I was really impressed with the level of durability, fit and finish... I say this as I looked over your spreadsheet and saw some prices that made me wretch... for example, the low lead cars from Schaefer are 312 bux, yikes. The low lead cars that I have been looking at from Garhauer are 100 for the pair and I prefer the solid SS look and feel of Garhauer over the plastic Harken stuff. Now, I say this with the caveat that I am not racing, if that were the case I might reconsider as weight might make a difference... but even then...

Last fall, Garhauer had a sale and I bought a new main traveler (MT-2) for 200 bux. I admit, the bling makes me smile, but I dont feel weird about it cuz I only spent 200, not 500, or more.
    Last edited by carbonsoup; 06-13-2013 at 08:00 PM.