Thread: Commander 147

Threaded View

Responses

So far the responses have been three forths in favor of keeping the teak and holly floor. And of those responses My oldest daughter (the one in the family with the design eye) said keep the teak and holly. My good friend Tom who's opinion I always listen closely to said keep the teak and holly. My other good friend John also said keep the teak and holly. Tim one of my closest friends said he also likes the teak and holly. As shown below Kyle is also in agreement that the teak and holly should stay. And probably the most important my wife the admiral said "it looks fine keep it".

Dissenting views were Carl who believes the mahogany would be more historically correct and my youngest daughter Jennifer who just agreed with her dad.

So since I still have massive amounts of work to do before I finish this project and my goal is to get her in the water this November (knowing full well a lot of things will not be done yet but she will be sailable) I am keeping the teak and holly.

My next major goal is to get the exterior faired, sanded, primed, sanded, faired, sanded, primed, sanded and down to the painter the end of the month. Hope I can pull it off because he wants 2 weeks to paint her and that only leaves me 6 weeks to put her back together and make all of the parts that have not been made yet and paint the mast and boom and assemble all of that along with replacing the standing rigging which has to be cut to length and the bottom mechanical fittings installed and of course install all of the hardware, have the sails made and and, and, and what the heck am I doing sitting here typing when I should be out there working?????????? After all it is only 10:10 PM I have hours left before I go to bed.................

Oh yea, while I have been doing all of this work the admiral has also been busy. She has made me new v-birth cushions, quarter birth cushions and cockpit cushions. There are some photos below. She also has a lot of work to complete before launch time but she is a trooper and will make it happen. My lifetime partner is at least as hard a worker as I am. :-)
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by Commander 147; 08-04-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.