Thread: Commander 147

Threaded View

Doesn't Bondo make a LITE version of their stuff?
    [Yes, DYNALITE, $10 qt.]
    Auto paint suppliers might have it. Paintstores that carry automotive spray paint will have it or another brand. It's all the same stuff really.

Since it sets up hard I would use a plastic spreader (the green ones are the best) to fill the cove. A bendy plastic spreader will produce a flatter fill with a slight hollow. That is, after you stuff the cove you run the spreader at 90 degrees to the hull in the corner, scraping the excess away. After it sets up you can easily smooth the area with a sanding block, and do very minor fairing fill to get it perfect, if necessary.

For what it's worth I would recommend tabbing the corner with epoxy and glass.
    Assures the structural join of deck to hull and will stop water from coming through the seam.
    Don't know what the shrinkage is, but in a thick form as in the cove I would guess there will be some.
    Before covering there has t be a complete cure. MSDS or datasheet. This allows the solvents to subside. That will ease bonding of the next system going over the polyester.
    Last edited by ebb; 03-03-2010 at 12:30 PM.