+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 147

Hybrid View

Thanks Kyle. She really has come together nicely. And the best part is she is ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS FROM SPLASHING! Man I can really taste it now.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

So while Destiny is at the marina

I took the time to upgrade the trailer and the tongue extension. When I bought the trailer from a company in Georgia (Sail Trailers) I ordered an extension for the tongue so it would be easier to keep the tow vehicle out of the salt water when launching and retrieving. It was not until I got back home with everything before I noticed they had set the extension up with a 2" ball and coupler. Since the boat takes a 2-5/16" ball and coupler that was not going to work. I called them several times and they promised to send me the correct parts but they never showed and they quit taking my calls or returning them.

So I ordered the parts from Trailer parts super store online and today I installed them all. I moved the coupler from the trailer to the extension since I'm not overly fond of the way it worked and put the new coupler on the trailer. Then I added a new heavy duty jack to the trailer because the original was already starting to fail. I left the old one on the trailer because at the marina when they lift my boat off the trailer we just roll the trailer out from under the boat and the new jack does not have wheels on the bottom.

So now the trailer functions better and the extension actually functions!
    Attached Images        
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

+ Reply to Thread