Jerry,
How goes your project?
I have not been able to even start anything on my winter project list and am getting worried that I won't find a slot to get her into the shop before spring. I guess its good news we're so busy but I would like to get The Princess into the shop for a week or two.
I think my experimental battery bank (4 group 27s) has served its purpose after two years and the voltages are starting to vary between batteries by upto a volt. They are still good enough to serve as house batteries on some other boats, so I'm planning on replacing them with a more substantial bank. I think I'll mount most under the cuddy sole where I took out the 500lbs pig and leave some in the chain locker to help balance the boat. I was pretty happy with the range of the 77 ah pack but I think perhaps I was biting too deeply into the depth of charge and shortening the life abit. Also I had to send my charger in to be checked and adjusted as it was failing to go into float mode and boiled the batteries a couple of times.
I'm just starting the process, have you done much research? What have you been looking at as far as brands and types? Have you landed on anything yet or found anyone you would deem a clear leader in the field of the Lead Acid batteries? Have you abandoned the idea of Lithium ion? I don't know if I could swallow the cost.
Mike
C227