Chance and mbd

Well the last two weeks have been pretty slow on the boat progress for a couple of reasons. Prior to the last two weeks I was getting up at 4:00AM and going out to work for 2-1/2 hours when it was still cool. Then I would get on my bicycle ride for 5 miles come back in a get a shower and go to work (I'm lucky that I get to work from home).

Then about two weeks ago when I got up I could not see out the windows because they were solid condensation. The temps outside were 85 degrees (at 4:00AM) and the humidity levels were over 90%. Your sweat won't even evaporate in those conditions it just drips all over your work. And my 58 year old body does not like heat like that much anymore. So I would open up the door between the house and the garage (where my wood shop is) so I could get some cooling temps out there and work on some of the mahogany parts needed.

Then my workload for my job got oppressive. So I just started sitting down at my desk at 4:00AM to get work done before the phone started ringing. And that is what has been happening all this week.

However this weekend I plan to spend dedicated to Destiny again. I have the two shelves above the v-birth reinstalled and the fillet of thickened epoxy done so I will be applying the glass to tie them to the hull tomorrow morning. Then I need to make and install the two chain plate knees for the lower forward shrouds. I also have the shelf on the starboard side above the quarter birth reinstalled to the same point as the v-birth shelves and have started making the parts for the DC electric panel that goes there. I also made some rails to go on that shelf where it will be open shelving. On the port side after I get that shelf reinstalled I plan to have an AC electric panel for when I spend nights in the marina on my little week long cruises.

Towards the end of the weekend I will get some pictures so I can show the progress to date for everyone.

Thanks for asking guys, it makes me more interested in posting my progress when I know people are interested in seeing it.