Thread: Commander 147

Threaded View

I'm in the same position as you are.
    It's just that I've been at it longer, longer, longer.

In the beginning and through the decades I've bought many books on every boat subject. I like books.
    Very few concerning the actual work with products have been useful.
    Which is natural enough since the reader has to supply his own experience.
    There are standouts. But generally books are general.

Have my own brand of timidity to deal with - when it comes to new processes. I work alone on A338. It's my Zen.
    Imagine I'm being helpful when I drag on about things Ariel. Trying to be specific.
    Wished many times that somebody had clewed me in to the processes that I hope I'm sharing. Experience is public, we are compelled to trade info.
    Hope everybody SHARES their experiences and observations and revelations - whatever they are,

Have been told by Admiral Bill that Ebb can be difficult to understand.
    It's shop talk converted into language. It would be much better and simpler to see processes.
    BUT, thinking that youTube videos are the answer, many instructional ones I seen seem to be as useless as printed talk. Whatever the knack is to put forward a TIP, I'll keep trying until the ax falls.
    Never an expert. Just reformulating experiences.
    AND always In My Considered Opinion. B.S. It's just the backboard, you have the ball.

Discussion is the life blood of a Forum. It's back and forth repartee. We have a great community and great boats to talk about. BEST SHOW AND TELL ON THE NET.
    Actually we are all in the same Boat.
    [criminny he does go on and on....]
    Last edited by ebb; 06-22-2009 at 07:57 AM.