You gotta figure a thousand minds are better than one half. So who has read or experienced what, thought or been told or has it on 'good authority' as to the prefered technique when it comes to insulating the hull?

Peviously I read insulate everything from the overhead to the cabin sole. Then someone stated that below the waterline insulation would trap condensation making an ideal environment for mold growth. The counter argument suggests that you want 'insulation' from the temperature of the water,be it warm or cold. Then some say, no, it's the heat of the sun we need insulation from. Then somewhere along the way it was postulated that panels of insulation may actually provide cover for insects and cockroaches!

I recall Tim L. using rigid foil backed insulation in the salon on Glissando and, what I thought was genious, carpet runners in her lockers below the waterline. The little gripper spikes held the plastic off of the hull thereby allowing any condensate to trickle to the bottom of the locker and out a weephole. But what if you've made theoretical water tight lockers?

I really don't like the idea of gluing anything to the hull-'don't know why but something from the back of my mind says don't do it. I really only gave consideration to insulating behind the ash ceiling strips. Which, now that I think about it is about as sound as insulating your house but leaving the windows and doors open (reference first sentance of post now).

Who has the goods? What route have others here taken? What works, what doesn't? Once we get this mundane rigamaroe out of the way we can move on to more pressing topics like wine racks!!