+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insulating the hull questions.

Hybrid View

Thanks, ebb. You can still get Ensolite in the tan as far as I can tell from Armacell's website. As luck would have it, we have a local distributor for most of their product line here in Houston, so I plan to to show up and have them show me what they've got. I'm going to grill them about benefits of Ensolite versus some of the other elastomeric foams, such as Armaflex. I tend to agree that light color would be better than black, unless you already have your head around either painting the surface or applying a vinyl fabric. BTW, let us know how the vinyl covering holds up or if you'd do something else if you could rewind tne tape! I've decided that if I do this insulation job, I want to do it right the first time, even if it costs a bit more. I'm trying to get rid of mold and condensation on the hull, and so many of the other solutions may work for awhile, but then fail after a few years and make a real mess. I like your comment about adhesives being tne current "it" product. Staying stuck to the hull is probably the biggest failure risk with these elastomeric foam products. I have visions of a one inch thick sheet detaching from above the V berth, while it may be just fine on more vertical surfaces. Maybe 1/2" on the underside of horizontal surfaces. Something I haven't seen any posts on is injecting pu foam between the coach roof and the inside liner. Doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed already, I just never saw them. Guess I could do a search!
    Last edited by Hull376; 08-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Kent

+ Reply to Thread