Ebb,
I hadn't thought of using Lanocote for a release agent, but it makes sense. I know exactly what you mean when you say "agressive" sealants! It would seem that the previous owner of Ceili did not know the difference between bedding compounds (sealants) and those designed as either dual purpose or with an emphasis of "Adhesive". I have had a heck of time removing the coamings and companion way hatch slider rail supports.

As for the thru hull, you take is one I hadn't considered, never crossed my mind. Should work though. It's not like we are plumbing a pressurized system. As for the threads, I'm sure teflon tape would work, but I think it be prudent to at least bed with the least agressive "sealant", the lip of the thru hull, where she sits down against the hull.

I haven't installed the adapter plates, thru-hulls yet because I'm doing or rather, will be doing some other stuff under the cockpit and it's easier for me to get under there with as little as possible jabbing my twisted body. I almost got my self stuck under there not too long ago.

So you went with a Lexan companionway hatch, eh? I cored the stock one with 1/2" end grain balsa then an inner skin, but I definately will not get the illumination that you will have achieved.

Thanks for the tip on bedding bronze nuts for a clean, concealed look without resorting to thru-bolting.