+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Commander 227

Mike , here's a $999 commander on ebay now.... in NJ second time it's run the course
    1967 26 ft. Pearson Sailboat

Looking for hinge parts

I am also a Commander owner (#20) from the Cleveland Yachting Club, OH, and have a question about whether you still have the hinges from your hatch which you removed several years ago. The hinges on my engine well cover have been damaged and I'm looking to find replacements. (The part that connects to the deck).

I can't help you but I know that Chance Smith, owner of Cieli, had problems which he solved finding replacements for the lazerette hinges on his boat. you might look him up in the members list and email him for help. I know there is a left and a right hand version; they are not interchangeable.

Commander 20 if you can't find anyone with some here is a possible option.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...me=Hatch+Hinge
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

Commander 20,
    I sent my hinges off to someone else on the board.
    We are going to remove the outboard well on another boat this winter. (157 from Cleveland as well) I'll ask the owner if he is willing to send the hinges off to you.
    Last edited by Commander227; 10-20-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm following up on a couple leads. Really appreciate all the support.

C 157 docked right across from me at the Cleveland Yachting Club for many years! Small world to think that C 20 might someday wear Job Cite's hinges. The former owners have some history on 157 if anybody's interested.

Pfeilclan,
    I'm sure John would love to hear about her past. He is willing to give you the hinges.
    Send me an email with your address and I'll send them off to you.
    Did you guys at CYC have a Commander fleet? It seems many have come from there.
    Mike
    C227

Classic backdrop

The Princess served as the backdrop for some Brooks Brother catalog photos this week.
    The producer said she'd send me the finished pictures.
    The Princess received $350. for "location Fees"... I wonder what she'll do with the money.
    Attached Images  

Northern Minnesota is an interesting place to choose for an outdoor sailing shoot in mid April! That must have been a BB whim, not a plan from last Fall.
    I'm sure you'll find something fantastic to do with your $350.

Well ya don't see much of The Princess, and I thought they were shooting stills for a catalog but here is the ad.
    http://youtu.be/VIxElBSPkSA

Mike, Lowes or Home Depot (can't remember now) used my farm house for a Halloween TV ad one time shortly after we bought the place. They spent 2 days adding props to the yard and house and one full day of shooting video. It ended up a 60 second commercial and about as much of the house was in the ad as the Princess is in this video. I had to go to work the day they filmed but was told the whole little community turned out to watch the shoot. With what they spent on my little 60 second spot it is no wonder movies cost millions to make.

Can you tell me how you terminated the white rubber Eagle moulding on the Princess? Don't know if you shaved it down on either end, or... I am trying to reuse the orignial aluminum moulding to fit to it - as it is made to accept. In scratching my head about how to proceed, it has hung out in my garage for over a year not being addressed! Any pointers or detail pictures would be great.
    Thanks,
    KW

Kyle,
    I just trimmed the aft ends to match the profile if the transom and butted it up against the stem fitting up front. I smeared a little 5200 around to fill the gaps and make it look like I did a good job of trimming to fit and let it go at that. Great thing about boats... They only have to look good from fifty feet to look perfect!
    Mike

Burton Cup

The Princess and her sister downwind during the Burton Cup this summer.
    We were overlapped for over 5 miles!
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread