+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Lookin gooooood

Nice to see things coming together.

Now....that was a few weeks back...

Updates AND pictures please

Hey, Frank
    No pictures tonight, I'm sorry to report. We had to take a couple of days away from the boat yard (aka dirt yard) for our sanity. It's so easy to forget that we are doing this for the experience and fun when we are continually focused on getting things done. recently we got the bronze straps on our rudder, sea cocks and through hulls installed and sealed, rub rails shaped and primed, water tank plumbed (and filled with DRINKABLE water), new burners installed in the Taylors, dinghy outboard running, new prop on, companion way slider installed, cleaned the generator and got it running again (Carol's the mechanic in this family), got the backstay polished to a mirror-like shine, boot stripe painted, and started on the mast and boom. We make a pact that at least once a week we would go to the beach so we wouldn't loose track of what we are here for, and now we try to go there every afternoon to swim the troubles away and shower in less-stinky water. Add a couple of odd jobs on other boats and lending a hand where we can and the weeks just seem to fly by. We'll be posting pictures of "stuff" soon and hopefully we'll have videos coming in the (relatively) near future.
    thanks for asking and..
    Peace, Love, and Coconuts!
    My home has a keel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Hey, Frank
    No pictures tonight, I'm sorry to report. ../.. We'll be posting pictures of "stuff" soon and hopefully we'll have videos coming in the (relatively) near future.
    thanks for asking and..
    Peace, Love, and Coconuts!
    Tony Tony Tony...

Inquiring minds want to know....and see pictures!!!

Yeah Tony! What Frank said!

Feed my fantasies. I cannot live vicariously thru you without picture nor text.

Although we are a long way from where we were hoping to be by this time, at least we are on the water. That alone is a big improvement over the back corner of the boatyard where the bugs and heat were inescapable. We stepped the mast, but, we will have to do a little more work on "sorting out" the standing rigging due to adding the roller furler.
    Attached Images  
    My home has a keel.

warm and fuzzy with fir

We had a bunch of ash strips for the overhead and ceiling in the v-berth when we left MN but I knew we didn't have enough to finish so I thought we'd just pick some up in FL. Turns out you can't find ash that easily BUT they had douglas fir in abundance! (virtually impossible to find back home) So we built a table saw and ripped down some 8 foot 2 X 6s and used that instead. The Douglas fir is what I would have chosen in the first place so sweeto-burrito! To top it off, all of the ash strips we brought were highly sought after by another boater who is using them to build harps. win-win.
    Attached Images    
    My home has a keel.

S P L A SH !!!!!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS and CONGRATS !!!

Looking extremely good in the water!!!

The cielings look awesome as well!!
    Keep the pics and updates coming.
    Happy for both of you!!!

looks Fantastic

All kinds of nice touches evident.

Be great when she's all together

Can't wait to see what you're going to do with a dodger!

Or with a bone in'erteeth

No kidding Ebb

Spray hood
    Dodger curb
    Combing
    OB access
    Rub rail
    Dorado vents
    New hatch
    And thats at a quick glance...
    Looks awesome!!!

Beautiful!

Awesome Tony! How many years since she's been in the water?
    Looks great, good luck with the final push. You just have the fun stuff left.

S-W-E-E-T!!! And a hearty congrats to you guys Tony. Love the coamings and the open v-berth arrangement, etc. etc. etc. Two thumbs way up!!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Thank you, captains. It has been over 16 years since she was last floating in water. And though it doesn't make any difference, it was fresh water back then. Some of the issues we have to work out yet include tracking down a leak in the main cabin on the port side. I think that one came about when I drilled the scupper drains for the seahood so some exploratory surgery will be in order. In "hind site" (former name of 113 before Dream Weaver) I should have added them during construction of the hood. Oh Well. The other major aggravation is our mast is canted forward probably 5+ degrees and that has put a lot of stress on the cabin top in the v-berth and some deflection became noticeable forward of the mast step. A longer toggle is in order for the lower forward stay and hopefully that issue will be put to rest. Another "hind site" is the lack of tolerance in the opening for the forward hatch. It appears the expansion coefficient of aluminum and wood are far from each other on a scale. The hatch fit "nice and snug" in the coaming, and once in the Florida sun it began to exert its force against the wood and glass and won the fight. Once we resolve the other issues, finish mounting all the other deck hardware, get the electrical installed, and finish off the starboard setee, I may peel the forward hatch off and route a larger opening to relieve the stress. I dunno.

We have spent the last three weeks in MN visiting our family and friends while we repainted our O'day 22 and her trailer to sell off for a little more cruising funds. Even though we have been in a heat advisory here, it is going to be hard to acclimate back to FL summer but we really want to get "out there" and start life away from the yard and dock.

We truly appreciate all of your support and comments, and, if you have any suggestions speak freely.
    Last edited by Tony G; 07-26-2016 at 04:01 PM.
    My home has a keel.

pathetically gratuitus

...just what it says. Here we are waiting for the travel lift.
    Attached Images  
    My home has a keel.

Exclamation

very: many more happy years ahead

Wow Tony, congratulations! She looks beautiful!

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

+ Reply to Thread