Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Ebb
    We're not really sure what is going in the bilge yet. Ideas have ranged from water tank, fuel tank(Aussie Geoff), sealed battery box(box and battery),sealed storage, cold storage...certainly something more than just a bilge pump or two. Mr. Baldwin, and others, have dropped in some nice storage here.
    Yes I have toyed with the idea of just a compression post in the center or just off center hidden in a bulkhead enabling me to enclose the head forward. I just couldn't find enough room to make it agreeable though. That and the fact that you'd have to step on the hull go forward which might be tricky with a little heeling. I think that works best on beamy hulls(Commanders excluded of course). But I definitely will widen the passage way through the bulkhead. I was forever catching or scraping something on the old one!
    Funny you should mention respirators. I was just shopping for a full face jobby that could run in either negative or positive pressure mode. All of this grinding is steaming up my glasses and because I have so much of it left to do on this boat and then another boat to start after this one I'm thinking maybe an upgrade isn't such a selfish idea.
    Anyway this is the neat part...
    Attached Images