+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Fast forward one year...

Finally got a couple of days off and went to see the boat. What a gal...

I've had this idea in my head of what I thought was appropriate or good or right. No. After sitting for what must have been hours I resigned to the fact that the boat would tell me what should happen. Things went much smoother then.

Here's the nav desk area, galley drop-ins, area where the refer will go (Engle35),another nav area, companionway shot, cockpit storage access.
    Attached Images          

Oops. Reached the five photo max. I guess if I did this more often I'd know about these 'rules'.

We added the port side nuthin' photo.
    Attached Images    

At last, new pics from Tony, and worth the wait! I am absolutely in love with those elegant curvacious corners. Very chic!

Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by mbd; 06-04-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Cool Morc

Ah yes, curves, girls and boats.
    And it is worth the effort. Right?

Aside from the engine room and strange stuff we have to carry for parking - we must to find room downstairs for a kitchen, a parlor, an office and bedrooms. On a Midget Ocean Racer Cruiser.

And we all have it our way, those of us who are rearranging one of the smallest cruising sailboats. We will have very different interiors when done, yet all with the purpose of comfort and beauty and sailing far.

It's a great thing to be doing and a great thing to share.

"And morc to you, sir, morc and morc!"

Tony,

What a super cruising interior! The need for a good place to put the laptop is a real issue now. My used-to-be-icebox turned nav table was less then ideal. I ended up with a few makeshift ideas* that were never really suitable. I really like the working surfaces you have built in, and think you will really enjoy them.

Thanks for the update, look forward to more pictures of your awe inspiring work!

*Cruising with a medium-large dog has it's challenges. In looking for things to prop up a board to put the computer on I did at times utilize the back of my sleeping Lab.... thus creating the 'Lab-top computer'....

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Quote Originally Posted by c_amos View Post
    I did at times utilize the back of my sleeping Lab.... thus creating the 'Lab-top computer'....
    Hehe!!

Tony, are you planning to put the sink back in its original location there on top of the counter?
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Thanks for the compliments, captains. I'll be the first to admit I stole every idea incorporated into Dream Weaver this far and 'we aint done yet!'

Still desperately searching for the best possible work surface/table arrangment. I thought we had found it in Frank's Revival but after changing 113's galley around it won't work there. The nav table refer location is mainly an inn table for the library. not really a ergonomically desirable work station. I'm back to eyeing the main bulkhead again. I seem to remember someone, somewhere storing a table on the overhead in their v-berth. That may be a viable option and if anyone out there has a link to that boat site.......

The sink is going back in pretty much the same spot it came out of just a little higher and a little closer to the centerline and a little farther forward. I think we'll valve the drain though before it ties into the cockpit scupper drain and seacock assembly just for good measure. Hopefully that will still leave enough room for the gimballed kerosene cooker and some outboard storage under the side decks.

Any thoughts, comments or concerns are welcome. Oh yeah, real world advice is greatly appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread