Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Well, this stinks. The top of the instrument 'dash' is 10'-1 1/2" off of the shop floor on the trailer. The distance from the threshold(?) the the top of the door opening is 9'-6". I thought if it was close I'd just let the air out of the tires, or, take the tires and rims off of one axel and let the other one squat down.

We don't have time to fart around with half-baked, hair-brained ideas. So...it looks like we'll have to redesign the seahood to make it removable. That's just one more bead of sealant to maintain that I was hoping to not have to deal with.

Actually, this has been a thought that has been burning in the back of my mind for some time now. I just didn't want to face the fact. So we'll press on.

Here's the frame for the new main hatch! It has three coats of varnish on it now so I feel I can start working with it and not be so careful. Of course it will get about another six or seven coat before being deemed 'done'.

It will have a white plexi panel on top to let in some light without beaming in the rays and corresponding heat. I was going to put a smoked panel in to match the the forward hatch, but, a 95 degree day like todeay made me think NOT!!!

It doesn't show up in the pictures but it actually has a gently curved top so water shouldn't pool on it.
    Attached Images