+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Tony

It must be nice to work on a totally stripped out hull to build everything in new like you are doing. I think my biggest challenges are dealing with what is existing that I don't need to remove but need to work around.

And as expected from you it looks like you are doing very nice work there.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

drops

Detect little drops here and there.
    Are they drops of sweat or blood or both?

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Detect little drops here and there.
    Are they drops of sweat or blood or both?
    Ebb, even with muh trusty box fan I've been sweating away pounds. Down on the shop floor it's not that bad...but when you're a couple of feet below that metal roof things tend to warm up! I've got these two ice packs that came out of a shipping box that I've custom molded* to fit the bottom of my mixing cups. They are helping me out more this year than any of those winter friends that say they want to 'come help on the boat this summer'.

Jerry, I find that nothing original seemed to be in the same plane or dimension that I needed.
    My home has a keel.

[QUOTE=Commander 147;21861 my biggest challenges are dealing with what is existing that I don't need to remove but need to work around.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right, brother! I didn't utilize patterns as much as I should have the first time around. Second and third generation patterns, while eating up a lot of production time, help make the final piece fit into place much nicer. And having the room to work....even if I'm going to repeat some feature already there, I'm going to rip it out first just to have the room to get it right!
    My home has a keel.

+ Reply to Thread