Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Tony,
    Those curves ARE gorgeous, can already tell the interior will be fantastic.
    Yesterday, sitting below, while taking a break from prepping the toerail, pondered the double berth quandry. I have to go for even more length, width as well.

Remember your cushions will raise the level and create width for sleeping.
    Could make the seat backs part of the double bed expansion with the bedding behind on one side (338 will be starboard.) Could make one settee back without vertical partitians - still with the shelf on top - gaining more horizontal area to the hull. Could even pad the hull.

[I've almost convinced self to raise the sleeping levels to the height of the V-berth on 338's starboard side in the saloon!!! Aesthetically dangerous! But I am putting in a two seater dinette with a table that can be hinged up to get it quickly out of the way for the sleep mode. Dinette seats same height as V-berth. Raising up the platform means maximum width for lying down and more precious stowage.

The double would take all of the aisle, of course. In my case there has to be like four square at the companionway to take care of any vertical business. Would sit on the bed with feet down at foot of ladder. Will design ladder that can be pushed under bridge deck. Hopefully the commode between the V-berths is accessable. But privacy and convenience would be better served with a camp commode out in the cockpit when the cabin is double berth. imco

The thing about the quarterberth that Alberg has in the Cape Dory is that it is an enormous volume. I imagine it will be the sail locker on 338 (because I've put the platform low as possible) as the bags can be stood up into the usually unavailable space. Might still have room there to keep daily gear out of the way. The cockpit locker access seems inconvenient for getting sails in and out.]

Press on! Curves ahead!
    Last edited by ebb; 10-09-2005 at 08:25 AM.