Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Hooray for cool, dry air! At last. Bulkheads? What bulkheads? We don't have no stinking bulkheads. Man oh man Ebb, I can see why you left your's in place. Even with that what appeared to be serious rot these things don't just fall out. I removed 5-6" of the v-berth on each side and the sole just forward of the main bulkhead in preparation and to allow for grinding room. then I cut through the tabbing for and aft and gave it a good shove. Then another. Then more grinding. Another shove followed by a "nudge" with my foot. All to no avail. Because I prefer to cut things out instead of tear I gave my cuts another inspection. I could see light coming from the other side along nearly 75% of the tabbing but it wouldn't swing more than 2" back and forth. Then I noticed a little bit of tabbing that had lifted off of the 3/4" plywood so I began peeling along the length of the seam top to bottom and viola! She broke free. I sat for nearly a half hour just googling ove all of the room and potential. More to come...
    Attached Images