Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

I don't know what the two highly crafted and shaped wood blocks are called that bridge the gap between our coamings and the cabin top are officially called, but mine are in pretty tough shape. After studying them for awhile I don't think I have the tools, guts, or know how to make good enough replacements. Besides, there will allready be plenty of wood to varnish on 113.

In the reconstruction phase I noticed alot of hairline cracks in and depressions of the headliner in the area where the above said blocks attach. I realized that I wanted to remove some of the head liner to add a backing for reattachment and provide mounting points for cabinetry or whatnot. Hopefully it will work out and I won't just make more work for myself.

So to that extent I made up a couple more blocks of styro, got out the bevel guage and got busy with the saw. (By the way, the hot wire foam cutter burned up the transformer allready. We'll try again after this weekend...) We also made up a platen to make vacuum bagging the forms easier. We'll see about that!
    Attached Images