Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

ebb's strongback is back

I'd have some pictures for here if I went and got a digital picture-maker or whatever it takes. But I need to be told and given a few alternatives what I must do. I have a Dell computer XPS7544. As soon as I'm motivated I'll go to goodguys and pretend I'm in the 21st century and 21 years old. Both of which I'm not.

338 now has a laminated white oak beam supported at the ends with oak braces terminating at the V-berth plywood. Underneath are magogany supports that fair and tab to the hull. taking some of the load away from the very casual cleat that supposedly supports the berth plywood at the bulkhead (actually the plywood is tabed UP on the bulkhead with polyester and mat.) This may be moot as the whole compression beam assembly is glued with cabosil, choppedglass and epoxy. It and what is left of the bulkhead are ONE I will also drive in mechanical fastenings as soon as I get some.

The bulkhead has been cut away opening up the cabin to include the forepeak stateroom. Where the head used to be is a bulkhead that contained the original watertank. This will be extended up and to the sides to make a 'crash' bulkhead that will have a large interior access hatch and the anchor locker forward where the water tank used to be.

Seriously considering custom made poly tanks port and stbd under the shortened V-berth. IE rather than glassed-io-place epoxy.

I've extended the stringers (maybe you think they are shelf supports) forward to the stem and am in the process of reinforcing the stem itself which I found to be quite thin. barely 3/8s of an inch at the watertank bulkhead where I'm putting in the sonar gizmo.

So, watchout when you start taking the furniture out!! Personally, I think Carlos left the interior up to the cousins, otherwise how could it be so awful? imho imho inmh ok?

I'm having some fun right now fairing the linerless forward part of the truck cabin so it kindof matches in smoothness the liner everywhere else. I think the rounded edge of the coachroof and the deck carried all the way around will be a treat.

The deck up forward has had a couple of minor oaklam beams put in so that a foredeck hatch can be cut in. There'll be a matching Bomar where the original is on the coach. ....this can go on and on and on. Luck on yer refit. And remember, use an epoxy that doesn't blush, it's a hell of a lot easier to come back to the job to fix yer mistakes.
    Last edited by ebb; 07-30-2002 at 05:08 PM.