Ebb,

I bet that tapered profile was a bear to wrestle into shape and position. The deck-mounted jigs are a great idea and I will definitly try to make some. Given the present shape of 113's deck we can go all the way through with the "grabber" bolts without any concern. Yeah, there has to be some angles introduced to the toe-rail's' position, if you will. I tried to use the angle of the hull to deck orientation as a guide to the toe-rail's attaching angle. It does flare out more at the bow than midship. As far as attaching I was planning on filling in the bottom side of the factory rail at the same points as the wood rail meets the plastic so the backing plates have a solid surface to bear against. Then the ususal stuff going on topside. Counter sink the bolt holes, lotza 5200. Once it's in place I guess we'll just have to stess test it to see if it can handle the sheet tracks all by itself or if I'll have to back it up some how. First off, Ihave to "get a feel" for this model and see how bad it mucks up the appearance of the boat. I sure do like the feeling of security it adds to the deck without any heeling!