+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Ebb, I'm pretty sure this is the longest on going paint job in A/C history

The sign didn't work, Mike. Found myself drinking dark & stormys at the end of the day.

Thanks, Bill. The inside will be painted white. We have been toying with the idea of ash strips on the overhead to hide the p.o.'s plywood remod. We're far from done though, and as this thread demonstrates, things change!

Well, here's something I was not planning on doing today-or ever for that matter. But the grinder made a lot of noise going over it and sounding it with a screw driver confirmed it (sounded like a bongo). It will be solid when we're done. Bummer. That's another 3 or 4 days of work added on to the heap.

On the up-side, I did get to break out the vacuum bagger. And for anyone out there wondering, taffeta does work as a peel-ply for the poor man. Fortunately for me my mother is a top-notch seamstress and I now understand that taffeta is a fabric and not a food item. Woa!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tony G; 10-23-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Capt T.
    Looks like you got some breatheing ports into the foreward stateroom going there ?? What kind of cowls will you use? Dorades maybe?

Keep up the good works!

Ebb, sir

Somewhere in this thread is a pic of these dorade boxes I tried to make with, then, the last of my teak. (rasberry) We can do better. Bigger, not because it's better, but because it will add less resistance to air flow. Larger weep holes because there is more water than I think 'going on'. Plastic because I don't want more maintenance.

I'm fooling with some designs that tie into the rise between the forward cabin top and the main cabin top in an effort to make the things less noticable. We scored on some ABI 3" vents a few years back.

...when do we get some new pics of Little Gull? I'm running out of ideas to steal...come on-give...

Tony,
    Built-in, glassed-on, dorades sounds good!
    One arguement might be that the structures would give you some excelent foot bracing while at the mast.
    You know, instead of those bling stainless tube valets you were thinking of.

Once a hatch, then a seahood (questionable ), next a dorade box? That's the plan anyway. Something solid enough for footing, but, I'll keep the stainless guards/handholds for the dorade vents. Thoses babies are expensive!
    Attached Images        
    Last edited by Tony G; 07-24-2008 at 02:20 PM.

We finally ditched the makeshift ladder I've been climbing up and down for the last howmany years... But I knew we'd have to shave the threshold down a couple of inches to keep that first or last step from being too much of a stretch.
    Attached Images    

+ Reply to Thread