Thought I would use that hole in the boat just behind the tiller. Like the royalty of old dumping out their castle windows.

Tony, as you may have read here I'm doing a bunch of unauthorized alterations. There'll be a new bulkhead right where the original head used to be where I can imagine a Lavac with a small holding tank on the forward side of the bulkhead in the forepeak. That's an other time. There'll be a sanipotti in the V just where it used to be and a curtain at the compression beam.

omygod I forgot about the mast!
No, that spar in the photo was just conveniently in the way at the yard. But I really have an aesthetic problem with the standard conduit tube spreaders on the mast. Ballenger Spars in Santa Cruz has nice cast wing spreaders that can be retroed. They also make a hefty tabernacle-step. that looks VERY interesting to me.

I would like to replace the masthead 'crane fitting because it is deeply pitted and untrustworthy looking on 338's mast. I saw a lot of stainless steel and aluminum spreaders at Ballengers but never thought to ask them about the toppiece.

Perhaps as was suggested on another thread we could get an order together for a brand new casting. Ballenger could tell us if this is feasible.

I've read somewhere, maybe here, of a fix made to a broken flange by welding on another plate over it as reinforcement. But that is a working loaded fitting that I'd think needs replacement because it's old, maybe stress cracks in it etc. It would be cool to have a replacement available. Will somebody look intoit?