Oh my Gawd!! Nearly a year gone by, already?!

I've been putting WAY too much time into this new store. Think, half the time, and, twice the work. Not twice the income yee...

Well, you know how this works. Excessive work must be balanced with an adequate, yet fair; no, equitable amount of boat stuff. So far I haven't deviated from the original plans so very much. But I will admit, the longer it takes me to finish this wonderful little craft the more toys she gets.

Autopilot. This has been deemed a necessity by some and opulence by others. Yes, there simple alternatives that won't breakdown, shortout, or suck up that precious electrical supply, but, after the first few weeks of working until midnight or three in the morning I figured it was earned and I might as well get one just in case!! Besides, it will tie in with the rest of the electronics we've already purchased.

Stainless steel. Well, I dunno what to say. Maybe it was the new anchor that necesitated a bow roller. The bow roller needed somewhere to sit and there is already plenty of wood to varnish. So why not get a shiney perch for the pair to hang off of? Yah, I'll take a bow pulpit to match. You really have to don't cha?

I put those dorade boxes on and it's kind of a smallish boat and they're in a rather 'busy' spot with all the lines and stuff coming off the mast base so we (purely for saftey's sake, folks) ought to have some guards over them so we don't kick one or 'pop' one off into the drink. Those babies are expensive!!

You have to agree with me, boarding ladders just don't look right hanging over the side midship. Where else can you hide one but to disguise it in the pushpit? Wouldn't work with the one that came with 113 so we'll just have a new one made that is split in the back a little off center to accomodate a flip-up, folding boarding ladder. That way the 'front' and the 'back' of the boat will have the same amount of shinyness.

Hard Dodger. I like them. If you can attach a sun shade and sides while at anchor you've got mui-cabin. I figure to build one properly I'd have to break down and assemble a vacuum bagging system. So to that extent we shopped around and found some vacuum guages, vacuum switches, check valve, solenoid valve, reservoir tank, venturi valve, hand book on vacuum bagging, you know, the usual boat junk. Can't wait to start!!! Outboard shaft plug, winch islands, scuppers...oh yeah, 'just about forgot...the hard dodger

I had once stated that this was going to be my lake home. Since then the fact that life is indeed short has been forced upon me. Why not the Bahamas? Why not Belize? USVI and BVI? Even the Florida Keys are enjoyabe. Eric, Frank, George, Zoltan, what do you think?

Anyway, that's what's news here at the Nude Honky Workshop.

Tony G, in dire need of boat time....