Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

MG did not get around to rigging a mizzen on his old Ariel. Initially I thought that would be a great addition to the sailing arsenal. That highly coveted mizzen spinaker you know. But once you tack on a grill, some adjustable solar panels, boarding ladder, rod holder, parasail platform(?), well, there just wasn't enough room! A removable inner stay and a short bowsprit for the MPG would probably be complimented by a mizzen for balance. But I'd hurt myself with all those lines and stays!!

Dodger topics never get old and go away. I personally would over build a dodger/gallows/traveller arch to the extent that if Dream Weaver rolled she'd stay bottoms up! I lack the engineering skills that others here possess. Seriously, because of the cost of a new boom and the fact I live in the middle of the country far, far away from any reputable, economically feasable mfg/shipper plus we already own a brand new Hood loose footed main, our traveller will stay in the aft end of the cockpit. If the whole coaming 'thing' comes off like I envision, having the traveller there really shouldn't be a problem. Think the dodger will come from a Steve Marshall concept with the lines a little closer to a tube framed traditional. UNLESS! Someone can post a picture of a really sharp looking hard dodger on the dodger thread [hint hint]. It aint over yet!
    Last edited by Tony G; 01-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.