+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Tony,
    Looks like yer ready to drop her in! Spacious look of a Hunter. Like the workaday placement of tools for that natural DIY effect!
    Haven't found one of those yellow drop lights myself...Was in some sort of auto shop when I first saw it, the guys there would literally toss it on the floor and retrieve it by its cord!

What Dave said bout gaining stowage by raising the V-berths - Baldwin did it in his Triton - For me there is barely enough sitting headroom as it is! Add 4" foam...and b a m m m. So how much height would you add?

Just to be difficult, I've being talking with an Airhead guy about fitting one of his 20" tall composters in where the Portosmello goes in the Ariel. I started the exchange out by suggesting they design one more like the size of a normal wethead. He said they've just begun working on it. And I wasn't the first whiner. I like the idea so much I may get a tall one (they're 300% overpriced) in a weak moment and may have to raise the berths so the filler piece can swing over the toilet for the 'double,' The seat can be detatched from the unit to get a negative gain of two inches. There'll only be sitting under the hatch. BUT, it is an elegant way to have no stinking seacocks & thruhulls. No hoses, and no holding tank! S h e e e s h ... what else do you want from a head?

But while I do the structural changes I also try to imagine what the berths in the cabin would look like if they were RAISED! Talk about not being able to sit. Even with the bertths low as they are, I, for one, can't sit unless I take my head off. Can't see the interior now without somesort of dinette, a two seater, or even a one seater. Serious. Might as well raise the cabin berths to gain stowage, no?

Right, didn't quite have the cojones to take the whole bulkhead out as you did! What a relief to open her up like that! Almost indecent! Be interesting to see what you finish up with. Onward.....
    Last edited by ebb; 09-04-2003 at 08:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread