Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Here you can see the galley coming together. Everything is a compromise. As many times as I tried in the past, and as many different ways I tried, I just could not fit everything I wanted in this hull. So over time, Carol and I hashed out what we thought we'd really need and/or want in the main cabin. We each referenced Calder, Baldwin, Vigor, Shearlock, and the Pardeys to bolster our persuasion over each other. I have to admit, I clung to certain layout concepts and didn't have much of an argument as to why I was "right" other than, "that's the way (so and so) did it." Because indecision was leading to inaction, I let go of some preconceived notions and just "went with it" knowing that any one choice we made would mean there were several others that were removed from the possibilities.

I'm not going to try to argue that the choices we made represent the most logical, or, the safest, or really, anything other than what we decided we wanted. They do, however, represent a starting point for deciding which choices were good, which need tweaking, and which ones were bad choices for us.Name:  galley from the portlight.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  144.9 KBName:  galley from v berth.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  146.2 KB

We have a port side galley arrangement so hove to on a starboard tack the burner will be down hill from us (mostly). The sink will be farthest aft with a sliding cabinet door for access below it. Then we have three drawers for fun stuff. Next, and roughly centered is the cooker. We have a Taylors 029 that will fit in the gap. Moving forward will be the refer/freezer. The louvered doors provide air circulation more than access to additional storage. I know, it seems silly in some ways, but, I made those $#@! things and I'm going to use them.

There will be some additional storage built into these "lowers" and some additional storage above as well.
    Last edited by Tony G; 09-28-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    My home has a keel.