+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Agreed. Tony, Please let us in on the PROCESS.
    Would like to see a photo series on bagging - with commentary.

something!

I just wallowed around in an old thread that's up on the Board currently. That's the Exterior Varnish thread willie started in 2004(?)

Anyway there are pics of his Ariel #350 with VERY shippy winch peninsulas.

I'm glad a fossil thread has been restored again. But I really miss the guys who aren't posting anymore....sniff....
    BIG THANKS to those who chime in and continue to make this a wonderful spot to visit!

"Anyway there are pics of his Ariel #350 with VERY shippy winch peninsulas."

Wow!!!!!!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 07-19-2007 at 12:33 PM.

KM

1. Being the cheap skate that I am I currently use a 3M window insulating kit for 'mastic' and 'bagging film' No kidding! It was hanging out in a corner of the shop and I thought, "let's just give it a try." I suppose I will eventually have to order some professional grade 'stuff' but until this is used up, or doesn't work any more, I'll stay the course.

That aluminum channel was a last ditch effort to seal what I thought was the culprit seal letting in the air. It turned out to be somewhere else.

B. Yes I have a pair of 42 STs up in my boat supply room. I sent you a private message.

Ebb

I started taking a series of pics last night on the whole bagging process as I do it. I won't say that I'm doing it right, but when I first started looking into this process there seemed to be alot of DIY techniques. Some kind of sketchy and tight on info. So I thought we'd buy a manual from the Gougeon Brothers. It turned out to be a general info guide and a bunch of sales lit. Go figure. Then I tried contacting a few people actually doing it. Jack pot. Turns out it's not rocket science! We'll see what happens...

Fast forward one year...

Finally got a couple of days off and went to see the boat. What a gal...

I've had this idea in my head of what I thought was appropriate or good or right. No. After sitting for what must have been hours I resigned to the fact that the boat would tell me what should happen. Things went much smoother then.

Here's the nav desk area, galley drop-ins, area where the refer will go (Engle35),another nav area, companionway shot, cockpit storage access.
    Attached Images          

Oops. Reached the five photo max. I guess if I did this more often I'd know about these 'rules'.

We added the port side nuthin' photo.
    Attached Images    

At last, new pics from Tony, and worth the wait! I am absolutely in love with those elegant curvacious corners. Very chic!

Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by mbd; 06-04-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Cool Morc

Ah yes, curves, girls and boats.
    And it is worth the effort. Right?

Aside from the engine room and strange stuff we have to carry for parking - we must to find room downstairs for a kitchen, a parlor, an office and bedrooms. On a Midget Ocean Racer Cruiser.

And we all have it our way, those of us who are rearranging one of the smallest cruising sailboats. We will have very different interiors when done, yet all with the purpose of comfort and beauty and sailing far.

It's a great thing to be doing and a great thing to share.

"And morc to you, sir, morc and morc!"

+ Reply to Thread