Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Aside from making removable panels it sounds like the M.O. I've been following. Every edge gets coated, then allowed to cure, lightly sanded to remove any of the grain that wants to stand up and turn into a wick followed by another coat. No sanding hard enough to shape the wood done at this point unless we're going back to step one with the coating. Then at least one more coat before we bond anything together. So in reality when it comes time to tab the pieces together we're talking three applications of resin. The flat sides get the same attention because there is so much more standing grain after that first coat of epoxy.

I had used white oak for some of the framing last go around. But I've come to accept that I have a crap-load of teak and mahogany that needs to get used. I've been squirreling it away for "something" and grabbing it when ever I can find it on sale or have the weight of a few extra coins in my pocket. Everything solid from the forward locker back is teak or mahogany now.

Jeez-if we can get at least 10 good years out of her I'll be grateful...

P.s. Hey, Ebb, if you have a part number for the drain plugs that'd be great. fowlin' a
    Last edited by Tony G; 12-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    My home has a keel.