Ebb, sir. The toe rails will be unglassed and finished bright. I was thinking about glassing the rub rail to the hull, or, here's a thought, maybe just the base of the rub rail. And add the real sacrificial wood outside of that with the stainless half round cap(???) But I had intended all along to keep the toe rails varnished wood even after I decided to reduce the exterior maintenance as much as possible, or, maybe as much as allowable.

Mike D., I really, really like the channel cutters. From the Falmouth cutter all the way up. They are the most simple and elegant in design. If there wasn't so many strikes against my adaptaion of that design I would just sell the bronze chocks and go for it. Safety and drainage. Two of the most important characteristics I'm striving for. (yeah, a smidgin of looks too)

Mike M., Is this a classic example of bullying? You know I'll be using them. For all of those reasons and more I'm sure. What did NAs use before vinyl and rubber became common? Now don't think for a second that I think I'm an Alberg, Hess or Hinkley. It's just that I see all of these older hulls out there with rub rails for, what I imagine are the very reasons you mentioned above and I think, sure looks "shippy" but in reality it is for the added protection that I want to add to my hull. How about this, what if the rub rail is made from white oak, for destructinve resistance, bolted on with all of the same hardware isolating measures, but bedded in a flexible compound and then painted to match the hull?