+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Well, this is round one with the bagger. I didn't even do a test pull for practice. No time for wastin' I had one day off so we put all chips on the table.

Worked like champ! One problem I over looked is the form leaked air in from a seam underneath. That caused the compressor to run non-stop. I didn't like doing that and I'm sure the smaller pieces will workout much better for the compressor. At this point it's all 'blah-blah-blah'...let's get on with the pictures!
    Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Well, this is round one with the bagger. I didn't even do a test pull for practice. No time for wastin' I had one day off so we put all chips on the table.

Worked like champ! One problem I over looked is the form leaked air in from a seam underneath. That caused the compressor to run non-stop. I didn't like doing that and I'm sure the smaller pieces will workout much better for the compressor. At this point it's all 'blah-blah-blah'...let's get on with the pictures!

Tony, two questions....

1. How are you sealing the edges of the bag to the form? It looks like one side has a piece of angle aluminum clamping down one edge. What about the other edges?

2. Did you say that you had a pair of Lewmar 42's sitting around doing nothing.....
    What would you sell those for?
    Lewmar 42's would make ideal secondaries on my big boat.
    -km
    aka, "sell out"
    S/V Beyond the Sea
    C&C 35 mkIII

Agreed. Tony, Please let us in on the PROCESS.
    Would like to see a photo series on bagging - with commentary.

something!

I just wallowed around in an old thread that's up on the Board currently. That's the Exterior Varnish thread willie started in 2004(?)

Anyway there are pics of his Ariel #350 with VERY shippy winch peninsulas.

I'm glad a fossil thread has been restored again. But I really miss the guys who aren't posting anymore....sniff....
    BIG THANKS to those who chime in and continue to make this a wonderful spot to visit!

"Anyway there are pics of his Ariel #350 with VERY shippy winch peninsulas."

Wow!!!!!!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 07-19-2007 at 12:33 PM.

KM

1. Being the cheap skate that I am I currently use a 3M window insulating kit for 'mastic' and 'bagging film' No kidding! It was hanging out in a corner of the shop and I thought, "let's just give it a try." I suppose I will eventually have to order some professional grade 'stuff' but until this is used up, or doesn't work any more, I'll stay the course.

That aluminum channel was a last ditch effort to seal what I thought was the culprit seal letting in the air. It turned out to be somewhere else.

B. Yes I have a pair of 42 STs up in my boat supply room. I sent you a private message.

Ebb

I started taking a series of pics last night on the whole bagging process as I do it. I won't say that I'm doing it right, but when I first started looking into this process there seemed to be alot of DIY techniques. Some kind of sketchy and tight on info. So I thought we'd buy a manual from the Gougeon Brothers. It turned out to be a general info guide and a bunch of sales lit. Go figure. Then I tried contacting a few people actually doing it. Jack pot. Turns out it's not rocket science! We'll see what happens...

Fast forward one year...

Finally got a couple of days off and went to see the boat. What a gal...

I've had this idea in my head of what I thought was appropriate or good or right. No. After sitting for what must have been hours I resigned to the fact that the boat would tell me what should happen. Things went much smoother then.

Here's the nav desk area, galley drop-ins, area where the refer will go (Engle35),another nav area, companionway shot, cockpit storage access.
    Attached Images          

Oops. Reached the five photo max. I guess if I did this more often I'd know about these 'rules'.

We added the port side nuthin' photo.
    Attached Images    

+ Reply to Thread