One thing on the list that has been dragging out far too long is the main companion way. I never really had a solid plan for how it was going to be finished off. I just knew I wasn't a big fan of the hinged doors she had when we bought her. I wanted simple and easy but there wasn't a straight path there because of a number of things going on with the hatch; like the drain gutters coming aft, the positioning of the slide tracks, the S-shaped curve in the aft end of the cabin top.

To get down here all we did was cut a couple of dados in the edge of 2x4s and screw a chunk to either side of the companion way. I called it the Jethro Bodeen look..
Name:  drop board outside redneck.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  75.3 KB

Finally after visiting as many boats as I could and trying to adhere to the KISS principle, I cobbled together some pieces of plywood, made some compromises, and glued them in place.
Name:  drop board raw.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  54.0 KB

After we got things primed and one coat of paint on the cabin top, we made a couple of simple drop board guides out of some of the teak we brought with us. Once the painting is done and we attach them with sealant, we'll add plugs for the screw holes and varnish them.
Name:  drop board guides.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  67.0 KB

We scored some 1/2" acrylic from our neighbor's garbage pile that was crazed something awful on one side but looked pretty good on the other. It will serve the purpose well for the time being.
Name:  drop board lexan.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  52.9 KB

We have some new 1/2" smoked acrylic for the slider, but that will have to wait until after the last coat of paint. For now, the plastic wrapped plywood will do...